Tuesday, October 09, 2012

REPORT


8th October Experience, 

by Junaid Ali Farooquee 4th A
 

Today, Mr. Sandeep Nigam, famous science communicator and TV produce conducted a workshop on Astronomy.

The workshop started from a question, "What is a day?". Everyone shared their opinion regarding this.

My answer to this first question proved to be quite convincing to sir, he appreciated me and made my 
friends clap for me. This appreciation increased my confidence and i felt to speak more.

Then Sir explained that the earth rotate on its own axis, and when one rotation is over a day is over.
Then i realised that he is going to talk about universe in today's discussion.

After that he talked about planets.I knew that there where eight planet but i didn't knew that Pluto 
is called a dwarf planet! Then he talked about each planet one by one starting from the nearest planet
mercury. he told us that we are going from mercury to jupiter, but there is a problem landing on Jupiter
then i suddenly stud up and said "sir Jupiter is a gas planet". Sir war very astonished to know that i 
knew about this.He seemed to be quite impressed, he asked my name.
This discussion was very interesting for me. Then sir talked abot that if Jupiter become sun, by transferring
hydrogen!! there was a lot of discussion on this idea. Some students talked about the benefits of two suns, 
but I gave some some possible problems it will cause, like disturbing earth's magnetic field. This started
our conversation about magnetic field, and I asked Sir why Mars don't have magnetic field. He appreciated me 
for this question and answered my question. After some more questions from children Sir showed us a video of
first man landing on moon Neil Armstrong. Then the workshop ended, and I felt that this was much more fun
than our normal classes!

1 comment: